- When you register with our surgery you are assigned an accountable GP. When booking an appointment you will be offered the next available slot with your named GP, if this doctor is not available you will be offered an appointment with one of the other GP’s, locums or registrars.
- An appointment with the doctor is scheduled for 10 minutes and is for 1 problem for 1 person. If you have more than one problem please speak to our receptionists to request a double appointment or return at a later date for a second appointment. Please make a separate appointment if anyone else in the family wishes to be seen.
- If you have a serious or acute problem that cannot wait and you feel that you need to be seen urgently by a doctor we offer a GP telephone triage (telephone assessment). Our receptionists will take a brief summary of your problem and pass this information directly to the duty doctor. The duty doctor will either ask the receptionist to book you an appointment or will telephone you directly.
- For guidance on making the most of your doctor’s appointment please visit NHS Website or click on the following link: Questions to Ask the Doctor
- It is possible to book some appointments on-line using Patient Access. As it is necessary to register for this secure service you need to visit our reception at the surgery with photographic forms of identity, for further information please select Patient Online Access under the further information tab on the right hand side of this page. Please be aware that:
- Some types of appointments will still need to be made via our receptionists, for example nursing appointments, baby checks, minor operations, coil fittings
- If you have a problem which is medically urgent please contact the surgery by phone in the usual way
Please Note: This online system is only available for those patients who use Swan Lane as their main surgery, we are hoping that our system supplier will soon be able to offer this service to our patients using our branch surgery at Newton Flotman.